“A Heart to Fear God and to Keep His Covenant” (Deut 5:29)
Covenant logo contains five important items: (1) The Holy Bible, (2) God (Alpha & Omega), (3) An Empty Cross, (4) A Heart, and our (5) Church Motto: “A Heart to Fear God and to Keep His Covenant” (Deut 5:29).
- (1) The Holy Bible: The Holy Bible is the very foundation for our faith, practice, and ministry. Our ministry is a Bible-based and Christ centred ministry. We give utmost importance to the faithful preaching and teaching of the inerrant, infallible and providentially preserved Word of God (2 Tim 3:16-17; 2 Tim 4:2; Acts 20:27). We believe in the sufficiency, authority and perspcuity of the Scripture (2 Tim 3:16-17); it is the only revelation God has for the Church today, and therefore, we do not need any other revelation to know God and our duty towards Him in our lives today. We are committed to the King James Version as it is the most faithful and accurate English translation based on reliable and faithful Hebrew and Greek texts that God, by His providence, has preserved for us today (Is 40:8; 59:21; Matt 4:4; 5:17-18; 1 Peter 2:23-25).
- (2) God (Alpha & Omega): God is the very centre of our ministry (theo-centric). The purpose of our ministry is the glory of God (Ps 115:1; 1 Cor 10:31). We rely on Him for strength, wisdom, and guidance. We trust in His promises, and believe that they are yea, yea as He Himself is immutable (Heb 6:16-19).
- (3) An Empty Cross: The empty Cross represents the salvific work of Christ. Our message of salvation is Christ centered (Christo-centric). We believe in the once-and-for-all, finished work of Christ on the Cross. We preach the Christ crucified, resurrected, ascended and soon returning (1 Cor 15:1-4). Believing in Christ who was crucified, buried, and resurrected is the only way for our salvation (Eph 2:8-9).
- (4) A Heart: We follow and serve the Lord with a heart that is completely devoted to God to fear Him and obey Him. We have a relationship with Him with a heart-commitment. With the heart, we also emphasize fellowship and togetherness. We are of one body and therefore mutual love and care must be exercised among the members of the Church (1 Cor 12:12-26; 1 John 3:11-19).
- (5) Church Motto: We are a Covenant community who are in an agreement to love God and to love one another. Every member of the Church must take an oath expressing his or her whole hearted commitment to fear God and to keep His commandments. When we commit ourselves to God with a heart-commitment, God’s mercy and grace will abundantly be on us (Ps 103:17-18).
We, as a congregation of the Lord, consecrate ourselves for these holy purposes. We are confident, not of ourselves, but in the Lord that He will enable us, with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, to establish and maintain a faithful gospel witness in India for the glory and honour of our God who called us to Fear Him and to Keep His Covenant. Amen.